Birth Matters Birth Education Workshop with Fiona Dill (2 Days)
Over 800 couples have attended the Birth Matters Workshop which are designed for those who want to be informed about their choices for labour, birth and early parenting. During the workshop you are given the opportunity, in an interactive and stimulating environment, to examine the facts in detail, review relevant research and share fears and concerns. This will enable you to make confident decisions that can be used as a basis for discussion with all your caregivers. As a mother of six, I know from personal experience the importance of making informed choices and having good physical and emotional support for a positive birth experience.
Having the birth you want is not simply a matter of luck. Research shows that it depends as much on the choices and preparations you make beforehand as your individual labour. The workshops are designed for a maximum of eight couples and early booking is advised to secure a place.
Topics Covered Include:
- Physiology and anatomy of pregnancy and birth
- Recognising labour
- Needs and concerns of fathers
- Coping with your labour
- Fears and feelings about birth
- Breathing awareness and relaxation techniques
- Positions for labour and birth
- Pain management options
- Caesarean Birth
- Possible medical interventions
- Early days of parenting
- Expectations of parenting
- Relationship issues
- Coping with crying babies
- Pelvic floor information
- Tour of the Maternity Unit at King Edward Memorial Hospital included.
Cost – $350 per couple (bursaries available). Refreshments and information pack included.
Additional $60 for those attending Breastfeeding Basics Seminar run by Private Lactation Consultant Melony Kendell. Please contact Mel separately to make enquiries about classes: email@example.com
* I do not offer medical advice and you are asked to take any questions about your medical care or that of your baby to your obstetrician.
The workshops and evening classes are held at a convenient office space in Hamilton. The hospital tour and breastfeeding seminar are usually scheduled for the following weekend but this may vary depending on availability.
If I am not offering a workshop that will work for you, please do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can see if I can work something else out for you.